This City & Guilds accredited course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out the installation and maintenance of Aeronautical Ground Lighting (AGL) systems and equipment. The course is suitable for meeting both Civil airport or Military airfield requirements and standards. It is designed to develop technical knowledge and practical application across the full range of AGL services. It will also help in meeting the competency requirements identified in BS EN 61821:2011 – Electrical Installations for Lighting and Beaconing of Aerodromes – Maintenance of Aeronautical Ground Lighting Constant Current Series Circuits..
Who is This Course For?
This is ideal for engineering staff with the responsibility for the operation, installation or maintenance of AGL systems to either Civil Airport (EASA, CAA and ICAO) or MOD Airfield (JSP and MADS) standards.
Key Learning Areas
- Understanding the use of lighting as a visual aid
- AGL series circuits and system components
- Maintenance standards and procedures
- Operation constant current regulators
- The application of AGL safe working practices
- AGL control and monitoring systems and airside asset management
- Installation and commissioning requirements - testing and fault finding
- Practical exercises and final assessment exercise
Why Choose PPL Training:
- Highly experienced training staff
- High specification facilities in York and Slough
- Training exceeding the expectations of recognised awarding bodies
- Complimentary Wifi and lunch
- On-site parking available
- Ability to cater for bespoke course requirements
- Accommodation available - we will happily arrange accommodation for the duration of your course, including the night before if you require this.
Mechanical & Electrical Safe Systems of Work Review
Good courses and very enjoyable.
Michael Buttrick (Leeds Bradford Airport)
The courses were very good tutors are really knowledgeable and friendly. Would definitely recommend and go back.