This City & Guilds Accredited course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out Authorised Person duties and responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and implement mandatory standards or company safety rules (e.g. MOD’s JSP 375 Vol 3).
Who is This Course For?
This course is aimed at experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed high voltage systems and who may be appointed as Authorised Person (Electrical High Voltage).
Key Learning Areas
- Introduction to high voltage distribution systems
- High voltage switchgear types and operation
- Substation equipment
- Low voltage distribution systems
- Requirements for safe operation of high voltage systems
- Roles and duties of the Authorised Person
- Safe working procedures, HSG 85 or JSP 375 Vol 3 or company safety rules
- Completion of safety documentation
- Operation and isolation of high voltage systems
- Introduction to protection systems
- Maintenance procedures regarding high voltage assets
Why Choose PPL Training:
- Highly experienced training staff
- High specification facilities in York and Slough
- Training exceeding the expectations of recognised awarding bodies
- Complimentary Wifi and lunch
- On-site parking available
- Ability to cater for bespoke course requirements
- Accommodation available - we will happily arrange accommodation for the duration of your course, including the night before if you require this.
Mechanical & Electrical Safe Systems of Work Reviews
I found the style of teaching to be very effective.
Andrew Horton (Carillion)
Our teacher was very knowledgeable and very good at delivering the core material. The training centre facilities were excellent.
Great course, Brill teachers.
Martin Bickle (Digital Realty)
Relaxed easy going training, very interesting, open book course.