This City & Guilds accredited course will enable you to gain the additional knowledge required to carry out Authorised Person/Senior Authorised Person duties and responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and implement mandatory standards, such as MOD’s JSP 375 Vol 3 or company electrical safety rules.
Who is This Course For?
This course is aimed at experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed high voltage systems and who may be appointed as Senior Authorised Person (Electrical High Voltage). It is also suitable for existing High Voltage Authorised Persons who require advanced training to control complex or critical high voltage systems.
Key Learning Areas
- Requirements for safe operation of high voltage systems
- High voltage distribution switchgear and equipment
- Low voltage distribution systems
- High voltage working and Authorised Person requirements
- Safe isolation of standby power supplies and equipment
- Roles and duties of the Authorised Person/Senior Authorised Person
- Testing and commissioning requirements for high voltage/low voltage distribution
- Practical implementation of Safe Systems of Work and the audit process
- Completion of safety documents
Why Choose PPL Training:
- Highly experienced training staff
- High specification facilities in York and Slough
- Training exceeding the expectations of recognised awarding bodies
- Complimentary Wifi and lunch
- On-site parking available
- Ability to cater for bespoke course requirements
- Accommodation available - we will happily arrange accommodation for the duration of your course, including the night before if you require this.
Mechanical & Electrical Safe Systems of Work Review
Good premises and good instructor.
Enjoyed the course.